A little more about the ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award, taken from the Society of Authors shortlist announcement:
‘Sponsored by the Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society (ALCS), the ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award is awarded for a short story by a writer who has had at least one short story accepted for publication. Judged by Stuart Evers and Michele Roberts.
* Ghillie’s Mum by Lynda Clark
* High Water by Carol Farrelly
* The Bird That Fluttered Free by Ani Kayode Somtochukwu
* Whale Watching by Diana Powell
* Eva at the End of the World by Wendy Riley
* The Pier at Ardentinny by Catriona Ward
ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award judge Stuart Evers says: ‘The broad and distinctive range of voices in this year’s ALCS Tom-Gallon Trust Award made for a spirited and passionate debate, and one that showed the dynamism and singularity of these stories.’
Previous winner include Benjamin Myers, Lucy Wood, Grace Ingoldby and Claire Harman. Total prize fund: £1,575.
The winners will be announced online on Thursday 18 June, with a series of short films to celebrate this year’s winning and shortlisted authors.’
Something to look forward to with nervous anticipation…